Referral Marketing – The Most Powerful Form of Advertising written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing
Business owners tell me everyday that the way they generate
the most new business is through word of mouth. Yet they don’t
seem to grasp the power of this statement. Few if any businesses
harness the true power of referrals by making the receiving of
systematic referrals a cornerstone of their marketing efforts.
First let me tell you why you need to do this.
1. [url=https://www.ducttapemarketing.com/marketing_blunders.htm]Referrals are credible[/url] right from the start. When a trusted
friend tells you about a business you transfer that trust to
this company…even if you’ve never heard of them before.
2. People who are referred to a business tend to spend more
money. Research has proven this beyond the shadow of a doubt
and it is likely because people tend to refer other who are
highly qualified and not just tire kickers or price shoppers.
3. Referrals are very cost-effective. In some cases free or
a fraction of what you might pay in advertising costs.
In some industries, like consulting and professional services
most companies are chosen solely on the recommendation of a
Are you getting your referrals…if not consider these
1. Expect to get referrals but don’t assume you will. Talk about
them early and often and build them into your sales and
marketing efforts…don’t wait for people to offer them.
2. Create a system. It can be as simple as advertising
$20 for every referral.
3. Follow-up by phone or mail asking for referrals
4. Give every client 3 business cards. Look in your drawer
you’ve got hundreds. Give them out to clients and they may
just pass them along.
Referrals are essential to your business so don’t overlook
them chasing the newest trend in marketing in your industry.